Friday, February 26, 2010

It's the Climb!

As Marin is growing up (tear) her critical thinking skills are really developing. It is so fun to watch her discover how things work. She has recently expressed an interest in climbing up on furniture. Normally, she walks over to the couch or chair, taps it with both hands, smiles at us and makes an "eh, eh" sound, in an effort to charm us into lifting her onto the furniture so she can run around and try to jump off the back. We have been discouraging her from getting up, because obviously the likelihood of her falling off and hurting herself is about 98%.

Yesterday Marin decided to take matters into her own hands. She drug her little stool all the way around the corner, into the family room space, and pushed it over to the couch. Then she climbed up on the stool and onto the couch. VICTORY! She was quite proud of herself and let out a proud, big smiled, "HEEEEEE!" From there, she climbed onto the coffee table.

We watched half in horror of her fearlessness, and half in pride of her ability to problem solve. Then we encouraged her to do it again so I could get photographic evidence for this blog post. I'm positive I'll rue that day.

It is times like these that confirm that Marin is not a baby anymore. And that that little stinker is going to be one heck of a teenager.

3 comments:

miabasile said...

They are so stinkin' smart. Colin has been using his mega bloks table to look out the window. Apparently, he didn't notice the child climbing on the table with a line through it. Or, he did and thought it was an invitation.
Looks like Marin has the shirt puddle...many teeth to follow.

Elizabeth Chilson said...

She is fearless. I can't wait to see her as a teenager :) Ahhh what fun that will be!

And, when do you have time to post so many entries?? Mike & I want to know if you work.

I also appreciate Mia's comment about the "shirt puddle". I've never heard it called that, but yes, that's exactly what it is!

Johanna said...

Haha... love the shirt puddle, Mia. And yes, Mike and Elizabeth, I do work. Hilarious. A lot of times I write what I want to say on my way to work in my head, and then type it quickly as I eat lunch. Sometimes I type them at home and then go and hit post later. But the last two days I was at a conference, so I just typed it right in the middle of the day. :)