Wednesday, February 17, 2010

There's No Place Like Home (Depot)...

You may have noticed Marin's miniature version of Home Depot's signature orange apron in this picture from her birthday party post. The apron was a gift from my dad and is a fair reflection on how much of her young life has been dedicated to home improvement.

It is true, that in any given weekend we split our time between Home Depot and Ace Hardware. It is no wonder then, that at Home Depot they know us by name, and at the Ace Hardware by our house they pull up our customer account as soon as Jason walks in the door.

With Jason's va va voom plans this past weekend (a luxurious and very romantic evening of drinks, dinner, after dinner drinks, overnight at a swanky hotel on Michigan Ave.) we took a breather from the florescent glamour that is the Home Depot. But we didn't stay away too long. On Monday night, we were right back there, making up for lost time.

As Jason and I were meeting with the deck designer, Marin was getting a little antsy. It must have been all the talk about 2 X 12's and post placement. I myself was getting a little fuzzy headed at the seventieth mention of the joists. So, Marin and I took off down the aisles to work off some steam. I think this video (taken with my camera- you know I am rarely without it) of her navigating the aisles is a pretty good indication of how at home she feels.
(okay I guess it's sideways- woops. Just tilt your head to the side and you get the idea. :))

1 comment:

miabasile said...

I feel like we're always at HD and Menards. I actually pack Colin extra food when we head to the hardware store, because we're usually there for awhile. BTW, your house looks beautiful. Jason is doing a great job.