Friday, February 12, 2010

Ooo La La!

Happy Valentine's Day!

We have spent a year celebrating Marin's "firsts", but Valentine's Day marks Marin's first official holiday that she has already celebrated. (Translation- it's her second Valentine's Day.) I am so used to buying "baby's first" greeting cards, that when I went to buy a "baby's first Valentine's Day" card last week, I stopped myself just short of the checkout line when I realized I was wrong.

Today is pajama day at Miss Kathy's! Everyone (Miss Kathy included) is wearing valentine pj's, having a snuggle day, and story time day. Um, yes please! I would have loved to have gone to work today in my pajamas and then snuggled up with a good book and a teddy bear all day. To top it off, they are having breakfast for lunch (pancakes and eggs- the older children are really excited about this) and are celebrating Valentine's Day all day long in a sea of red and pink.

Jason surprised me last night by telling me to pack an overnight bag, and plan on not coming home tonight. A little forward, I know, but we are married after all. :) I have no idea where we are going, and what we are doing, but I definitely decided I'd better shave my legs.

Jason arranged everything for Marin while we are away. I know that my mom is picking Marin up at daycare, and that Aunt Lindsay is going to my parent's house to pick up Marin, bring her back to our house, and staying with her overnight. I also know that Lindsay was secretly shown all the ins and outs last week during Marin's party, and that I didn't have to plan a thing! That is a Valentine present in and of itself. I swear, sometimes "getting away" seems like more work than just bringing Marin along, after you plan, explain, organize, pack, etc. for her while you are gone. What a treat not to have to worry a bit!

To top this all off, the man at the coffee shop at the train station today gave me two candy kisses this morning. Gotta love chocolate for breakfast!

I know a lot of people don't like Valentine's day, and I agree that we should really take the time to tell the people we love how we feel everyday. But it sure is nice to have one day dedicated to the heart's flutter. Whether your sweetheart is your spouse, or your kids, or your dog, or the guy at the coffee counter; I hope that you all enjoy a day of extra lovin' and chocolate!
Since Mr. Valentine (her Valentine bear) got to go to Ms. Kathy's for snuggle and pajama day, Marin had to get him snug in the car seat this morning.

1 comment:

miabasile said...

I want to go to the PJ Valentine Party!