Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sunday in the City...

Every Friday morning I tell Marin, "Do you know that today is Friday?! That means that when I pick you up from Ms. Kathy's today, the weekend is here, and we will have a whoooooole two days all together!" She smiles at me, but undoubtedly only because she can tell her mom is worked up about something, and perhaps she should appease me with her expression of excitement. This weekend was no exception. Marin spent Friday night playing with Grandma and Grandpa, while Jason and I went out to eat with friends, and Saturday night we had friends for dinner at our house, so Marin got to dress up for a dinner party and greet them at the door.

On Sunday, Jason, Marin and I headed into the city for a day packed with fun! I started the day with a ladies brunch to celebrate my friend Hannah's birthday. Don't you just love a ladies brunch?! What a gorgeous table my friend Sarah set! While I was brunching, Jason and Marin met our friends Adam and Jen for breakfast. Marin and Jason shared a spinach and feta cheese omelet and even ran into Auntie Molly and Uncle Bri- bonus!

After we were all stuffed to the gills with delicious food and good conversation, we met my Uncle John and parents at the Art Institute's new modern wing. I think Marin appreciated her introduction to fine art, and liked looking at all the different people, too. After the museum, we headed to the Garfield Conservatory. What a refreshing change to the dreary sleet covered streets, to see so many beautiful colors and flowers inside! Just what we needed to spur on our hopes of Spring around the corner!

We ended the day with a delicious dinner at my Uncle's home. Marin made herself right at home, as usual, and loved eating off the china just like the rest of us. Before we left, we changed her into her pj's, she slept all the way home, and we put our very sleepy little city girl to bed immediately after pulling into the driveway.

Ah, the weekend. The next one is only three more days away....

1 comment:

miabasile said...

So fun, we need to get to a museum too. Some of us have cabin fever.