Friday, March 26, 2010

Take Me With You!


My parents left today for Sanibel Island- a tropical little island off the southern tip of Florida with only one way in and one way out. Sanibel is littered with white sand beaches with fabulous seashells as big and whole as the imitations they sell in home stores. We spent so much time there when I was young I have committed every nook, cranny and breakfast spot to memory- in fact, it is where I took my first steps.

Last night, we stopped by my parent's house to see them off. Marin must have known what a great place it is (or have seen the weather forecast for Chicago) because she took one look at her Grandma's open, empty suitcase on the ground, and climbed right in! Here she is with the camera saying, "Take me with you, Grandma! I'm all set to go and I fit perfectly!"

I decided she had the right idea, and tried the same, but I didn't fit so nicely. And together, we didn't fit at all. Shoot. :)



No comments: