Monday, March 8, 2010

Eleven Things I'm Thankful for this Month...

Laughter
Marin has always been a giggler, but lately she has really started to crack up. She laughs at herself, at us, looking out the window... Yesterday she laughed at Norah snoring. There is a reason her nickname is "Snorah".

Wrinkle Cream
Love anything that works while I sleep!

Watching Marin Imagine
Here she is playing kitchen at my mom and dad's house. Their cookware cabinet is open by design, for easy access. Marin has learned that it is also easy access to discovery.

Glitter In The Air, by Pink
This song makes me happy and tingly. The lyric, "Have you ever held your breath and asked yourself; Will it ever get any better than tonight", reminds me of the night Marin was born, and the quiet moment that the three of us shared together after we met for the first time. (to see her perform it at the Grammys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3stsDXki__U)

Deck Design Approval
The Historical Society approved our deck design, which means we get to start in on that puppy as soon as the ground thaws. If that doesn't happen soon, I might go out there with a blow dryer to help it along. Do you think my neighbors would call the funny farm to haul me away? If you're looking for me this summer, I plan to be a permanent fixture on that deck.

Celebrating Friends
Last Saturday I celebrated a friend's upcoming wedding to her perfect match at her bridal shower, followed immediately by a baby shower for another friend who is overjoyed to become a mother, and rounded out the day at another friends Martinis and PJ's party where I got to meet her new puppy. A great day of celebrating love and joy with my dear friends at such exciting times in their lives.

Building forts
We got Marin's new car seat last week, and of course we made a fort out of the box, straight away. Sunday, Marin, Norah and I were all in the box together.

My husband's handiness
Jason has done SO much work to make our house a home. And he does it happily, with excitement, even when he is doing it the way I ask. He recently made banquette seats for the kitchen table; I'm in love. I'm certainly glad to have hooked this one; he's quite the catch.

The New Old Spice Commercial

"Look at your man. Now back to me. Now back at your man. Now back to me.... This is an oyster, filled with tickets to that thing you love; the oysters are turning to diamonds... I'm on a horse." Hysterical. I can't get enough. (if you don't know what I'm talking about view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE)

My parents
Bottom line: We couldn't live here and do what we do without their help. They are the greatest.

Spring has sprung
At the risk of jinxing it, I think spring is here. The sun is out, the sky is blue, the birds are chirping, the snow is melting, and it is light after 5pm. Hip, hip, hooray!

What are you thankful for this month?

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Go Eagle Scout jason...very impressive work!

"Please don't leave me" (pink) is a favorite with Remy and I. She calls it "our song". That makes me happy that she thinks its about us wanting to be together.

Also thankful for your blog- very insightful!

miabasile said...

1. Is that a giant cupcake? I think I'm in love.
2. Boxes are so fun. They can be houses, a place to be read a story, cars, trains...you name it.
3. That banquet (sp) is awesome. Jason is so handy.
4. I love baby, toddler laughter too. I played a video of farm babies tonight and I thought Colin was going to bust his gut.

Johanna said...

I'm also thankful for blog commenters. :) Thanks Jess and Mia!! :) xoxo, jo

Lindsay said...

She has her daddy's mouth-wide-open smile, except it's not scary nor does she have 3 chins. :)