Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What's wrong with this picture?

Hopefully Marin doesn't use this hopscotch that I made for her out of sidewalk chalk, to learn her numbers.

Here's where I went wrong: I drew the boxes first, starting in the would be "1" spot, all the way up to "10". But then instead of going back to the "1" spot, I started writing in the numbers up at "10". Problem is- when you get back to one, instead of reading 1,2,3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10; it reads 1,3,2,4,6,5,7,9,8,10.

Woops. Clearly, not my smartest day. But we have to laugh at ourselves, right? Maybe Marin will learn to say her numbers backwards from 10-1 before she learns from 1-10? If that's the case- it still works! Luckily Marin's too young to know the difference, and still hops right along yelling out "ah, ah, ah!" instead of "1,3,2,4,6,5....!"

2 comments:

The Vlachs said...

Great idea -- we'll probably draw a hopscotch today! xoxo, Meg

Jessica said...

It only gets really bad when Marin is old enough to catch you:). Now she just enjoys the thought and the fact that you are playing with her!!
Last year I messed up helping Jack with his KINDERGARTEN math homework. The teacher had to correct it...now that was def not my best day.