Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our First Doctor's Appointment


At this point it is probably mostly bloat, and whatever I was able to hold down from dinner, but it is our starting point none the less. Meet Baby Patterson. :)
Last Friday we had our very first doctor's appointment. We were thrilled that everything is growing as it should and is just the right size. We learned all of the rules and the drills and our doctor, Dr. Miller, shared in our excitement. It's amazing to me how much love you can have for something that is only the size of a kidney bean. I'll never eat chili the same way again. :)
On Wednesday, July 2nd, we go back to the doctor to hear the heartbeat for the very first time. We can't wait for that milestone!
I'm feeling pretty icky. It's not exactly a pretty journey to this point, but it sure is worth it. The baby must like fruit, because I can't seem to get enough. Green apples especially. Every time I see a green apple I can picture my teeth digging into it and practically taste the juice on my tongue. Mmmmm.
Jason has been so darling by helping out with pretty much everything around the house because I am dog tired and ready for bed WAY early. Because I normally have such a high energy level he jokes with me that now I am "normal". Come on, we all know that I'll never be quite normal. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad Jas has been the trooper that I knew he would be! Yayyyyyy Jas! (Proud of you!) Hope you start to feel better soon. It won't be much longer. Promise.

Love you, girl.

Erin said...

Congratulations!!! I'm super excited for you :) I was so happy when Val told me. Can't wait to follow along on your journey with you.