Sunday, June 15, 2008

Telling our families....

Far and the away the most exciting thing about the pregnancy so far was telling our families this past weekend, on Father's Day. They were all so surprised and very excited. It was so much fun, and has made Jason and I even more excited now that they know.

On Saturday we traveled to Jason's parent's house. Jason told his parents and Lindsay while we were all relaxing in the shade on the deck. Lindsay had her suspicions, but Bill and Debbie were both shocked! Later that night Derek joined us and we told him, and we called Brandon and Holly the next day. We're excited for Brady to have a cousin! The reactions were so sweet. Bill said that it was the best day of his year so far and that he was just as excited as he was when he found out that his own children were on their way. The proof is in the pictures. I love the looks on their faces right when they found out.

On Sunday we went to my parent's house. After all of the gifts were opened, I handed my dad a card and said, "This is just one last thing from Jason and I." We asked him to read it aloud. He read the front that listed desirable characteristics and when he opened the card he said, "Oh my gosh!" and started to cry. My mom and brother and Katy were all wondering what it could be! Then my dad read the rest of the card aloud. On the inside it said, "It's sure handy having a guy like that as your Grandpa." Then we wrote "Congratulations, you're going to be a Grandpa sometime around February 4th, 2009!" They were all very shocked and very excited. Here are the reaction pictures I love so much.


We feel like our child will be so lucky to be surrounded by so much love and such great Grandparents, Aunties and Uncles. Thanks for being so sweet and excited.

Baby Patterson can't wait to meet you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The expression from Bill gave me the biggest chills ever. Your family is our family and to see them so happy and excited for you is the neatest thing to see. There's nothing like a baby and from what I'm told, nothing like a grand baby. Bill will be the best grandpa. We're so happy for J's p's and your p's (love Jane and Debbie's expressions of course, too!!! Priceless!) and I'm happy for myself because I'm one of the "aunties" :)

You are already glowing, my friend. And that glowing only gets better!

Now I'm selfishly thinking about the maternity pictures I get to shoot and maybe a birth????? and the newborn pictures . . . everything . . . nothing is planned for February 2008 for Val!!!!!!

love ya lots and lots. Baby P, too. And of course Daddy Jas.

Unknown said...

ooops, I meant 2009. I'm getting too excited. heehee.

Anonymous said...

Where's Norah's reaction?? Hehe...

Anonymous said...

Okay, the look on Uncle Stinky's face IS priceless. But I'm with Lindsay...does Norah even know yet that she's getting a little brother or sister? ;)

This is Beth, btw...