Monday, June 16, 2008

Oyster Crackers are my Friend


Morning sickness is in full swing. Getting up and going to work on the bumpy El seems next to impossible every morning. Not to even mention the smells I encounter on the way. The smell or even thought of eggs makes my stomach clench. Raisin Bran? Forget it. Peanut Butter? Don't even think about it! In fact, it seems completely impossible to eat anything before noon, except water and oyster crackers.

Yes, oyster crackers are my friend. In fact, considering the rate at which I consume them, and the rearranging I plan to do in my pantry to make room for a 9 month supply, perhaps I should buy some stock. I have to be effecting the supply chain somehow. Now if they only made them in whole wheat!

Either way, I have a feeling that after February, I won't even be able to look at those things anymore, because I will have completely depleted my lifetime's allowance of oyster crackers.

In the meantime though... bring them on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You make my day because you are so cute.

French fries had a tendency to make me feel better, too, but that's a bad habit to get into, probably one of the reasons for my 45 lbs. Eek. But you've got to do what you've got to do to get by. The first trimester is not easy. Maybe bring a barf bag "just in case"???

Will be thinking of you every morning and evening. What time are you on there, so I can think of you then?

:)

Unknown said...

I am in your side bar! That makes me smile so big! I can't wait to put you in mine! (Tell me when I can!!!)