Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Clearblue Easy



So it turns out that it doesn't take everyone 6 months to a year.....

While we are thrilled to be expecting, we were a bit shocked that it happened so quickly! When all signs pointed to possibly pregnant, we took a Clearblue Easy home pregnancy test. I think Jason was attracted to the word "blue" in the title ("If the box and the name are "blue" does it guarantee a boy?"), but I was attracted to the "easy".

Easy means that there aren't any lines to match up or pluses and minuses to distinguish between. The test just tells you "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant". Even though all of the signs were there, I was stilled very shocked when "Pregnant" displayed in the window. On two separate tests. On two separate days.

What isn't easy though, is keeping the secret. I want to literally break out to the roof of our building, and shout down Lincoln Avenue for everyone to hear, "I'm pregnant!!" I want to tell the crossing guard at our corner, Abner in our coffee shop (decaf, please!), the person next to me waiting for the train... and definitely our parents and our friends! As I write this, it is still a giant secret. We plan to tell our parents on Father's day, and then the rest of our friends gradually, after our first doctor's appointment on the 20th. I am already having to find crafty ways to avoid situations in which it seems completely obvious that I am pregnant. I have never been one to pass up a glass of wine at dinner with girlfriends.

It also hasn't been easy giving up wine, coffee and blue cheese all at once. Mmmm. Not to mention deli meat, sashimi, and a whole slew of other yummy things. And I'm sure there will be many more obstacles down the road that won't be easy. But, I know that come early February next year, it will all be worth it. It already is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I have never been one to pass up wine with girlfriends", uhhhh, you got that right, and that DID put up a light bulb above my head . . . !!!! :):)

I love your blog thus far and I know it will be a HUGE hit!!

love you!