Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bursting with Happy!

I am on an absolute high. We are bursting with happy.

Our friends welcomed their baby girl Tess yesterday afternoon. As her dad said in the email announcing her birth, she is a little slice of perfection! Everyone is healthy, and we are just as thrilled as could possibly be! It was a long road, but yesterday we were all reminded that miracles do exist. I am certain that Tess and Marin will be B.F.F.s. Every night before we go to bed we thank God for making us a family. It is a tradition that my parents started with Jake and me when we were little. Last night we also thanked God for making them a family. Our prayers have truly been answered.

Tomorrow, Jason's cousin Mike and his wife Elizabeth are going to welcome their second baby boy. We can't wait to meet him next month!

It's a big week for cousins. Jason's other cousin, Neal, FINALLY asked his darling girlfriend, Nicole to be his bride. Lucky for Neal, we don't have to kick him out of the family to keep Nicole in. :) We're looking forward to a winter wedding!

Marin is cracking us up every second. She recently learned to say "shoes" and she says "hi" as clear as a bell. Now she's waving, telling people hi, and pointing out shoes at every chance she gets. She also is into repeating every thing we do. She helped me dust the other day, repeating the exact wiping motion with the cloth at the exact point where I had cleaned. The other night I was rubbing her back before bed, and her little hand started to rub my back as well. When we say our prayer before we eat, Marin has started making her version of the sign of the cross by tapping on her shoulder four times. She's babbling away so much, and her babbles seem to have a little more definition lately. I am totally convinced that she knows exactly what she means to say. She's also in love with nature. She loves to point to the trees and the sky and the birds. She often says, "Dis?" (This?) and we will say, "That's a bird!" and she tries to repeat it back. And of course, she dances her way through the day from morning until night.

We have a lot of visitors the next few weeks. Miss Kathy is taking some vacation days this week since her sister and niece are in town, so Aunt Vee is here to play with Marin through Friday. On Saturday, Pappy arrives for a week straight to help Jason build our deck! We are so grateful for their help, and Marin is looking forward to soaking up the constant attention and firmly wrapping them both even tighter around her little finger. :) Rumor has it, Aunt Lindsay may even spend the night a few nights! We've also had a chance to spend some quality time with my family. Last Sunday Marin and I spent the whole day with my parents-not working or running around. Just at church, and then a trip for ice cream and a girls only tea party in the afternoon. And Uncle Jake and Aunt Katy had the opportunity to spend the night two weekends in a row. One night Jake and I stayed up together after everyone else went to bed, and we talked and caught up until the wee hours of the morning. It was my favorite moment with my brother in a long time. I am so proud of the man he has become.

I've really been cracking the house project whip. :) As foreman of our household, it is my duty to see that these things get done. Jason is so glad. :) Stay tuned for big changes here and here:
The bench seats are also done! Jason worked so hard on every single detail of the design, craftsmanship and assembly, and I reciprocated by having cushions made by someone other than myself. Not only do I not own a sewing machine, I don't trust myself to thread a needle properly, much less sew a straight line. They should be here soon. This is why I need to be the foreman, and not the handyman. The credit is Jason's for the taking.

There's one other thing. It's big. Life changing. But I'm going to make you wait that one out. I'll be announcing that next week. :) (I'm not pregnant!)

Now it's your turn. What are some things that have you bursting with happy these days?

4 comments:

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Vlachs said...

I'll be bursting with happy at the thought of a happy announcement, whatever it may be!! I'm dying with excitement to see you all when we're up in Geneva! And I think I'm in heaven every time Charlie gives me a wet kiss on my face saying "Bah!," which he thinks is a kissy sound.

The Vlachs said...

Meant to tell you and Jason how amazing the bench seats look!!! And how absolutely adorable the pictures of Marin are....

Jessica said...

There are so many things I want to guess but I will leave them all in my little head until you tell us. Its a little cruel to make us wait though!
Looks like life is moving along nicely for you guys. So happy for you....and as always Marin is a doll!