Thursday, February 5, 2009

All my bags are packed; I'm ready to go!

Not leaving on a jet plane... just ready to go to the hospital and have this baby!!

No baby yet. When I went to the doctor last Friday I was 2cm dilated and partially effaced. I go again tomorrow and will post an update with any new news.

In the meantime, we wait. We are both getting quite anxious and I am organizing anything in site. The other day I "offered" to clean out Jason's toiletry drawer in the bathroom. I thought I could find just the right spot for his new razor blades if only we could go through the other "junk". He wasn't as thrilled at the prospect as I. :)

I also feel like we need to clean out our car inside and out. It is so covered in salt we can't possibly bring a baby home from the hospital in that dirty thing, right? Jason graciously obliged by suggestion, I'm sure all the time secretly thinking, "The baby won't know the difference, Johanna."

My dad always used to tell my brother and I, "Idle hands are the devil's workshop." Perhaps that is why I am having trouble just sitting back waiting for this baby to come. Of course, it could just be because I am crazy in general. :) Either way, we are SOOOO excited to meet this baby!

We'll let you know what we find out tomorrow!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

EEEEEEEEK! I'm so excited too!!
(P.S. my little word verification thing to post this comment is "diper"...spelled different, but nonetheless.)

Elizabeth Chilson said...

Mike and I are so excited for you guys!! I know the last little bit of waiting is so hard. It's like Christmas, but the big day just doesn't seem to ever get there. But, baby will be here before you know it...and your lives will be changed forever :) Keep us posted. We'll be thinking of you.