Sunday, February 15, 2009

A world forever changed


Mine. Marin Jane has forever changed my world. Life is good.

Molly did a great job of keeping everyone updated on Marin's entrance into the world. It was a very special, very long, very tiring, great day!

I'll make a long story short and just say that the epidural was my friend. Any woman out there who has ever endured labor without it should be sainted. End of story. It was the best relief I have ever felt. Anything that can allow me to bring a child one step closer to this world all the while playing Skip-Bo, is a wonderful thing! After the epidural, the day was a relative breeze.

I had amazing nurses and doctors and received the greatest care while we were at the hospital- both in labor and after. My doctor had been on vacation in Los Angeles and just made it in time for the delivery. Literally, he came straight there from the airport, threw a smock on over his street clothes, and was ready in time for the final push. He hasn't missed a delivery in almost two years. I felt badly for the doctor on call in his practice- another amazing doctor who had gotten me that far, and then watched the rest from the sidelines.

The moment I saw Marin was obviously a very emotional, overwhelmingly exciting moment that I'm not sure I can quite describe. I couldn't believe she was here. Jason and I are SO incredibly in love with her. In ridiculous amounts of crazy, indescribable love. We think she is the most beautiful, most wonderful litte person ever. We think she is just perfect.

Since I have met Marin Jane and gotten to know her little personality, I can tell you my life will never be the same. I can't believe that I ever lived a day without her. I can't believe that one week ago she wasn't here. She has made my life so much more in just one week. And, by the way, I loved life more than the average person before she was born. It is like when you are a kid and you are totally content with the 32 box of crayons. You have lots of options. Lots of colors in your box that other kids don't have- Mango and Peach Supreme, Lima Green. And then one day someone hands you the 64 color box with the pencil sharpener in the back, and you don't know how you ever colored a page without Pacific Sunset and Golden Marigold. Marin has colored my world. She has changed it forever.

More updates to come as I get the time.

5 comments:

The Vlachs said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Meg, Rob and Madeline

Unknown said...

That was beautiful, Jo. I can't wait to meet her but with this morning sickness that is kicking my butt, I don't know when that will be. I've never been this sick and exhausted in a pregnancy before. I'm glad Lin and Jas have been posting lots of pictures on FB. I've felt a little bit like I haven't missed anything. If you need anything, Jo, don't hesitate to call me. I can still talk! :) Are you nursing? I hope if you are, it's going great. It takes some time to get into a groove, but it does happen :) We're so excited and happy for you guys, I can't even explain it. You deserve this little beauty more than anything in the world. Can't wait to see you. Keep up the good work :)

Love you,
Val

Michelle said...

Aww gee, you made me cry!! So sweet! We are so happy for you all!! Enjoy every minute!!

Alexis Jacobs said...

She is precious. This post is one for her memory books. Congrats again!

Erin said...

Aw, what a sweetie!! Glad you are having such a great time with your little girl. It's wonderful, isn't it? :) Congrats again!!