Friday, February 6, 2009

Update

Just a really quick update... My doctor's appointment went well this morning. I am still 2cm dilated, but I am 50% effaced. What does that mean? Good question. ;) They tell us it means that things are progressing well and that it could be any day now. We just have to wait for that one tipping point that will put me into active labor. The waiting is BRUTAL.

The good news is that I am ahead of the game. Apparently very often women are not this far along when they do start having regular contractions, so that might mean less waiting in labor for the baby when he/she does decide to come and meet us. We'll see...

The baby's heartbeat is still really strong and regular, so he/she is happy in there, just chilling out not wanting to come out in this cold weather, maybe. :)

And so.... we wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...maybe the warm weather tomorrow will be enough to coax him/her out, thinking he/she is a spring baby...I know it's going to get me to poke my nose out and look for my shadow...

Lindsay said...

Quick labor, huh? Do you think you can beat my mom's 15 minute labor she had with Jason? Something to shoot for... :)

Anonymous said...

exciting! glad to hear things are progressing!

Elizabeth Chilson said...

The waiting is the hardest part...and I hope your labor is as easy as mine was. It was so easy I left the hospital saying, "I can't wait to do this again."

Enjoy all your moments together. It is such a special time in your lives.

Love,
Elizabeth