Monday, April 11, 2011

What a crack up!

Marin is cracking us up lately. It seems everyday she says something more that makes us laugh. Here are my favorite examples:

Jason has been hard at work building this fireplace wall and built in bookshelves in our family room (almost done, btw... pictures to follow shortly). We were at Home Depot last week looking at trim pieces, and Marin started to get a little impatient from the drivers seat of the car cart (which she insists on getting, and the thing is massive. I swear, it can't be any shorter than 10 feet long.). A Home Depot employee walked by (they all know us) and decided to entertain Marin with some lame story about his new dog. Marin bought the distraction hook, line and sinker and then proceeded to beam very proudly to the man out of nowhere, "My daddy make a firepace!"

Jason told Marin the other day, "Marin, you're my girl. Do you know that?" And she snuggled deeply into the crook in his arm and said, "Mmm-hmm!" A few days later Marin and I were exploring in the back yard and decided to sit on our bench for a few minutes. As she climbed up and sat about a half an inch from me, a wave of love washed over me and I told her, "Marin, you're mommy's girl!" At which point she very matter of factly looked at me and said, "No mommy, I daddy's girl!"

On that same train of thought... We were at Costco today and we ran into one of Marin's little friends from our library class. As the mom and I were talking about the baby coming, Marin chimed in, "I daddy's girl!" The mom made a good point when she said that it sounded like we better hope there's not another daddy's girl in the picture in a few weeks. Marin might have trouble sharing that spotlight. ;)

A stranger told Marin today that he liked her shoes. She was wearing her new Mickey Mouse croc sandals that Lindsay brought her from Disney World. Marin responded to him by saying, "Thank you! Lindsay gave these me!"

And now some recent Marin pics for people like my brother who crave them:


No comments: