Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April Sprinkles Bring May Babies...

I've said before that we have the greatest neighbor friends on earth. Want proof? This past Thursday they threw a surprise baby "sprinkle" for the baby and me. It was all so darling! My neighbor Georgine held it at her house, and literally no detail was missed. They made a special welcome baby sign that I put in the nursery, and a darling diaper cake. They had adorable decorations and flowers, and food that went on for days. And speaking of food, Georgine made this homemade 5 billion layer spice cake with fresh spices from our spice shop in town, that I am still dreaming about.

Even more of a surprise, my mom and Molly were there. Naturally when I saw them I publicly all out balled. Natch Molly took a train from Chicago after work with all her work stuff, and her famous guacamolly (that is one of my very favorite treats), AND a homemade gift of adorable hand knitted shoes for the baby (along with a bag full of other "essentials"). It doesn't get any better than her.

It was such a fun night with my neighbors celebrating the baby. It made me officially crazy excited to meet our little bundle. Even changing its teeny weeny little diapers doesn't seem daunting at this point. The sprinkle totally set me up. We have everything we could possibly need and more, and I don't even have to buy diapers or wipes or those last few swaddles that I had on my list. Thank you, thank you, thank you, ladies! You are the very sweetest and best!


I told Jason that I am in official mama bird mode now. My days are consumed with making sure that my nest has enough sticks to be strong when the eggs hatch, and that I have enough worms to feed my babies. I am nesting for reals, ya'll.

1 comment:

The Vlachs said...

It's so exciting that you're so close! What wonderful neighbors!!!