Friday, April 15, 2011

Getting Closer...

Our good friend and photographer, Erica recently took some maternity shots of me. This was a whole new thing for me, and ONLY with Erica (whom I've known for nearly 15 years) would I have exposed myself as much as I did. The pictures turned out really well, and I am really glad that I will always have them to look back and remember when my body did this miraculous thing of growing, feeding and fostering a child for 40 weeks.

I am feeling well. My doctor appointments are every week now. That is the point when you know you are really getting close. The baby was breech for a while, but an ultrasound this morning revealed the the baby has flipped to the proper head down position- HOOOOOORAY!! The baby is following directions already. :) My doctor said we will need to continue to monitor it each week, but the chances of it flipping back to breech now are less than 3%. All signs point to no c-section or manual flipping for me.

This weekend is go time with getting ready for the baby. We have done very little up to this point, and I'm really anxious to get everything in order- the car seat in the car, the crib mattress up, the swing set up, the bottles washed, the baby clothes cleaned and in the dresser... and you know, everything else that we need to be ready to bring that baby home!

3 comments:

Georgine said...

You look fantastic! I should look so good - and I am not even expecting. It must be the glow!

Jessica said...

SOOOOO beautiful. I wish Erica could come to my house and that I ever looked half as good as you when I was pregnant.
Enjoy your last few weeks....so exciting.

Elizabeth Chilson said...

You look amazing. And, cannot wait to meet the newest butterbean. It's so fun having two. Marin is going to be a fabulous big sis.