Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The "Plus Pooch"

Remember the sing songy rhyme we all sang in grade school- "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage!" Well in our case, it was love, marriage, puppy, baby.

I have talked about her a lot, but I feel she has been slighted when it comes to introductions. Please meet Norah. She is the "plus pooch" in our blog title. Norah is a four year old boxer, and the best big (doggy) sister in the world.

She is very loving and very gentle with Marin. When Marin cries, she runs right to her side. In fact, Norah gets there most times before I can! And, if I don't get there soon enough Norah looks at me like, "Oh now you decide to get in here!" As Marin gets older we have really seen Norah's maternal instincts kick in. Right down to the kisses when we brought Marin home. Once Norah learned that the baby is not to be treated like a popsicle, they bonded immediately.

I also had a boxer growing up. Alex was equally as loving. My brother Jake and he were really bonded the most because they were about the same age. Poor Alex had crayons stuck in his ears, a nose in every picture, and I think one time Jake even tried to ride him like a horse.

I think Marin and Norah will have a similar kinship. After all, life with a 50 pound, four legged furry creature of drool in her face is all she knows. Norah is as normal to her as Jason or I. Although most of the time we smell better and eat less.

(I warned you yesterday that I took way too many pictures of the dog when Marin was at daycare. Here is some of the proof.)

No comments: