Friday, March 20, 2009

Our First Date!


Jason and I had our first date 9 years ago in August. But Friday night we had our first date since Marin has been born. A lot has changed in our dinner conversation in those 9 years, but it was doubly wonderful to be together for a few hours alone without having to worry about being interrupted to tend to Marin.

Friday morning Jason woke me up with news of the surprise date he had been planning. He asked my mom and dad to come and babysit Marin, and they jumped at the opportunity! This might officially be the first surprise that Jason has kept from me, and I was SO excited and grateful! So, I shaved my legs and straightened my hair, and when my body didn't keel over in shock, we hit the town!

Jason and I enjoyed a nice dinner downtown followed by drinks in our neighborhood. We were only gone a few hours, but it was so nice to spend the time together. Marin was a little bit fussy for Grandma and Grandpa, but luckily they didn't seem to mind too much. Something tells me they will still be back. ;)

Thanks very much, Jas, for the lovely evening. And for loving me even though I hadn't shaved my leg in 6 weeks. You're the best.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

oh those type of evening don't come often but when they do you really appreciate them more....having children made our love stronger..it's just different:) a lovely kind of different!

Erin said...

That's so sweet! It's nice to have an evening out, isn't it?

miabasile said...

This is so funny. I love that you too are rushing so much that leg shaving is a luxury. I swear the people at the gym, that is when I can make it, must be disgusted my long flowing leg hair. I usually wear short workout pants, so I'm positive it's pretty obvious. Did you ever think shaving your legs would even be worth mentioning. It's wonderful, isn't it?!