Monday, March 30, 2009

Celebration?

Yesterday morning Jason and I were ready to break out the champagne and have mimosas in bed.

Marin slept through the night!

Now if we can only do the same. We were so used to Marin's sleeping schedule including the 2am wake up call, that we all (Norah included) woke up in the middle of the night Saturday night. At about 4:30am I woke up and realized that we had slept to this point without being interrupted. So I very quietly whispered to Jason, "Are you awake?" He said "Yes. Shhh." And then I said, "Do you realize what is happening?" And he said, "Yes. Shhh." And after we made sure that Marin was still breathing, we were too excited by the fact that she was sleeping through the night, to fall back asleep. How is that for irony?

Last night Marin did wake up again at 2am, so we may not have cracked the code yet. But, last night was not a typical night. She was fussy before bedtime and ended up conking out before she normally does. We'll see how it goes in the coming nights. She is so close... I can almost taste the champagne.

3 comments:

The Vlachs said...

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

I remember those days! i never minded getting up for the 2am feeding however when they slept through it, I was like I could get used to this:)

The Vlachs said...

I'm back commenting on your post that I already commented on ;) I'm a little sleepy today from the night feedings, so just for kicks, I was doing the math to see how much older Marin is (and when Charles might sleep through the night)... :)