Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Marin's first trip to the Lake!

Sunday afternoon, my Uncle Reed and Aunt Jeanie hosted the entire Martin clan at their home to celebrate my Grandma Martin's 91st birthday. It was great fun and is always a treat to be all together.

Marin is my Grandma and Grandpa Martin's 5th great grandchild, and it was especially entertaining to see the little children's reactions to her. Skylar, my almost 5 year old goddaughter, wanted to give Marin kisses and was comfortable enough with her to about take her to school for show and tell. When I asked Skylar if she remembered when her 2 year old sister, Jada, was that little she said to me, "Oh, I didn't know Jada then." I had to crack up at this.

Avery and Anthony did very well with her too. Anthony and my cousin Amy taught Marin the name of each of her toes, and Avery was very gentle with her. At the end of the day, Jada was saying goodbye to Marin and when all Marin did was sit there and stare back, Jada pulled her mom aside and said, "She won't say bye to me!" We'll have to work on Marin's manners. :)


What fun and laughter children add to any occasion!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love those girls dresses!
good times:)