Friday, August 15, 2008

Turning a corner?

I was all excited to report that I had gone 4 1/2 days without getting sick and that, just as the books promised, I was turning a corner in the 14th week.
Until this morning.

However, I am hopeful. I am getting back my energy little by little, despite staying up late with Phelps Phever! (Side Note: That kid is a machine. I am totally and completely infatuated with him and the way he swims. It is so inspiring!! Jason asked me the other night who I loved more; him or Michael Phelps. I had to admit- that's a closer race than Phelps has ever seen. :))

I am starting to feel more like my old self. It's happening slowly, but surely. And I'll take it! My appetite is coming back a little bit more now, and in the last few days I am able to keep down most things. A meal is so much more satisfying when it is still there two hours later. :)

Other milestones of late include: completing an entire shower without a break to sit down, stomaching a nasty smell and still holding down lunch and the actual desire to straighten up. This weekends plans: laundry and organizing the growing mail pile. Good times.

On my walk to the train the other day I caught my reflection in a shop window and thought, "That girl looks just like me except she is clearly pregnant." Then I realized I might have to come out of denial and wear my maternity clothes soon. That girl was me. My mom and I went shopping for maternity clothes recently, and they are actually very comfy! Everything is so soft, and actually I'll admit, cute.

We don't have our next doctor's appointment until the end of August. Hopefully the second trimester will continue to be better than the first. Stay tuned. And Go Phelps!

No comments: