Wednesday, August 6, 2008

12 1/2 Week Belly

Well, time is flying by. Tomorrow is the start of my 13th week and I guess that means the end of my first trimester. Bring on the energy. Bring on the settled stomach. Please. Everyone says that should come by the end of the 14th week. Hallelujah!

Although I am not gaining weight very quickly due to the extent of my "morning" sickness, the baby is growing well. I will have to make up for those pounds in the second trimester, and with the return of my appetite and the addition of cravings, I'm not anticipating that being a problem. :) Here is a belly pic taken at about 12 1/2 weeks.
The biggest news for the baby at 12 1/2 weeks was that it survived it's first tornado! We had a crazy storm here a few nights ago that left 200,000 people without power ,(luckily we were not one of them), and sent us seeking shelter after the sirens went off and the emergency broadcast system warned that the tornado would be in our neighborhood in 10 minutes! Since we live in a condo, and don't have a basement, we go to the bathroom where there are inside walls and no windows. Our neighbors were over and we had to laugh at ourselves-the bathroom is not exactly the most conventional place to congregate with your neighbors. But, we brought in some grapes, and beers, (iced tea for me), and we had a tornado party! 4 adults and 1 dog in the master bath- sounds like a party to me! I quickly grabbed a stack of some reading materials, including my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book. Although, what to expect when you're expecting in a tornado?- it's not in the book! :)


One thing is for sure, pregnancy is a journey!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I saw the tornado stuff on the news!! Crazy!

You will have lots of fun eating...once you can do that again! :)