Tuesday, July 22, 2008

5 plus children???

I have come to suspect something. Women with a lot of children (5 plus, for example) must not have ever experienced morning sickness. It is just that simple.

I know that the minute that I hold our little bitty baby for the first time, I will want dozens of children. I just know it. That is just my nature. I don't do much conservative thinking. :) I am not saying I will really have dozens (or even 5 for that matter) not only because my darling hubby is quite conservative ("How do you expect us to put a dozen children through college?!") but also because of the morning sickness. I have a feeling that little devil will stick in the back of my head for a while.

I have always wanted 3 children (Jason wants 2). Right now, I'm working on being okay with one. One blessing. One miracle. That is still a lot to be thankful for! There are some mornings when I think, "Get ready to love this baby, people, because it is about to be an only child!"

But again, we'll see what I think in February. Something tells me the morning sickness devil may win out, and someday I'll be begging Jason for just one more. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Reasons why Val will not have anymore children:

- definitely the m/s. I was sickest with Maia. That's why I think this baby is a girl for you!

- the way my body changed -- my hair has never been the same, my rib cage pushed out and so it's now wider than my hips (my hips didn't change at all!), my boobs are flat as pancakes, my stomach will never be toned like it once was

- my energy levels are lower than they ever have been. I can't imagine chasing after another.

- the older the kids get, the less I'm winning battles. Battling two little minds is hard enough.

- I'm tired of the post-partum clothes.

- And while I loved nursing, I am glad I'm done with my attachment (Maia!). I don't think I could do that another 13 months . .

:) Logical reasons, eh? Morning sickness definitely ranks as #1. You poor thing. Are you starting to feel better yet?

I think you are right about the morning sickness thing. My neighbor is on her 5th baby in 7 years. I don't think she's ever been sick and her energy level seems out the roof. Bless her! I'm thankful it's not me! :)

Sweet Cakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sweet Cakes said...

It's amazing how quickly you forget the nausea and all the other yucky parts of pregnancy once you see that beautiful baby for the first time. After having Brady, all I could think of was how much I loved being pregnant. Although my pregnancy w/ Brady was so great! I was nauseous for maybe a week or two, but other than that I felt great. This one has been much harder...

Alexis Jacobs said...

Once you hold that wee one in your arms it will all be worth it. Hard to think that as we hug the tidy bowl man though. ((hugs))

Jennifer said...

(I'm a friend of Val's)I have 4, and not a lot of sickness for me...I loved being pregnant! and I didn't have a lot of the after problems either. breastfeed all 4...I do know everyone is different.

I could have 4 more...if I only could have them w/o the 9 month pregnancy thing. Thats what got me 6 X's pregnant in 5.5 yrs!

make the most of it...cause when that babies here...all that will be a thing of the past...and you will say, well that wasn't so bad I could do that again:)