Monday, May 7, 2012

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo!

Jake and Katy came to visit last weekend and we all hit up the zoo on Sunday.  The girls both had a great time with, as Marin refers to them, "my uncles".  














We totally killed the zoo, too.  We were there when it opened and stayed nearly until it closed.  We saw the dolphin show, touched the sting rays, Marin painted her face, and of course- we rode the Carousel- Marin's favorite. 

The animals were SUPER active that day!  It was a fabulous trip to the zoo.  We saw two grizzly bears playing together by wrestling in the water- they did this for about 20 minutes.  We saw black bears tearing into their food.  We saw Polar Bears up super close to the glass walking around, and we saw a male Lion and a Leopard right by the glass as well.  Emilie LOVED the giraffes.  She kept pointing at them and smiling and waving. 

Jake was hilarious as always and the four adults had a great time spending time together as well.  Jas cracked a classic joke after the otters about liking "the otter one" that made me fall in love with his goofy self all over again.

It was a great day!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

What a great day at the Zoo. You all look like you are having a get time. The carousel pictures are the best! Hard to tell who was enjoying it the most!! Love when you all get together and have so much fun!! xo

Mom said...

correction.. "great" (not get) time
I hate that I can't make corrections.

Jessica said...

Funny...I'm "Uncle Jess" to Elliott. So we are Uncle Jay and Uncle Jess! Which is very cute but I had to draw the line when he was going to start calling me Uncle Jessie. Remember him from Dukes of Hazzard? He was thinking Toy Story but I couldn't get that big crazy guy out of my head:).