Thursday, May 10, 2012

Movin' Out!

Well, construction is underway.  Actually, at this point it's more like destruction, but the project has begun and it only gets better from here!  I can't wait to shop for toilets!

Here's where we begin...
Our contractors have already figured out how to speak my language.  Last night we had a meeting with them, and they brought t-shirts with their logo on them for both of the girls.  Adorable.

For Jason, the worst part of today was that they had to take apart a portion of his deck.  They are going to build most of it back, but in order to dig the foundation for the new mudroom, laundry room and back staircase, they need to remove a chunk of it.  Daggers literally through his heart- although I think it helps that he doesn't have to be the one to put it all back together. 

We move in with my parents this weekend (Happy Mother's Day, Mom!).  Marin is a bit concerned that her new room at Grandma and Grandpa's house (they they have spent weeks refinishing for her) isn't pink, but I think we just about have her sold on the floral bedspread with pink in it.

We're really excited about the project, and I of course, have every detail decorated already in my mind.  I'm anxious to share the construction progress!  Giant hole is dug on Monday, and then there really is only forward progress!  We're joking that for Emilie's birthday, we built her a house.   
Shot through the heart!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I have some more Better Homes and Gardens mags coming your way!!

Mom said...

Your rooms are ready at the "MARTIN INN." Should you have any other requests, you may do them at your leisure. Love, Mom xoxoxo
Can't wait for the Martin-Patterson game nights!!!