Thursday, May 10, 2012

Emilie's First Birthday Week!

I'm supposed to be the girl with the toddler and the new baby.  How is it even possible that "baby" will be one year old on Monday?!  It is crazy.

I love that little stinker so much.  And I can't believe she's getting so big.  Emilie, this week is all yours.  And okay, since your party isn't until next weekend, you can have next week, too.  We'll be eating lots of peas (Emilie's favorite), taking lots of walks in the stroller, and swinging on every swing in town.  I'll play peek-a-boo all day just to hear her crack up, and I'll stop at nothing to see my Emmie Cakes smile. 

Marin sings "Happy Birthday to Emilie" everyday, and tells strangers at the park, "Know what?! My baby sister is growing up!  She's almost one!"  We are all infinitely proud of you, Emilie.  And we can't wait to celebrate YOU!  (And okay, our survival of the first year as well.)

To life! To your life!  Happy Birthday Week!


3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I loved seeing her tonight...cannot believe how much she's changed in just the 2 months since I last saw her. Looking forward to celebrating next week!!

Grandma said...

I love your baby glamour shots! What a gorgeous little baby girl, if I do say so myself! xoxo

The Vlachs said...

She is soooo sweet!!! Beautiful pictures of your ONE YEAR OLD! Happy birthday, Emilie!