Friday, June 4, 2010

Blogiversary

Have you heard of the Blogiversary? It's the anniversary of the beginning of a blog, and today is mine. When I wrote my first post two years ago, I knew about as much about blogging as I did about parenting. Today, I am remain a novice in both areas, but I've come to know a thing or two about babies, and I've learned that I love the creative outlet that is blogging.


If you've been reading along since the beginning, you are in a small group. If I've picked you up along the way, I hope I've entertained you a little. In whichever group you are, I thank you for reading. My intentions were never to become popular (good thing, because I would have failed miserably) but just to share some of the joys (and the trials) that came along as our family became three (plus pooch).


I'm curious though, about a few things two years later:

-What would you like to see more of? What could you live without? (More videos? Less banter?)

-What are you wondering about? (How many bows does Marin actually own?!)

-Who are you? (I have recently made it possible for anyone to comment- even anonymously. So let me know when you read, and what you think.)

-Have we met in real life? (If not, it's okay. I probably read your blog, too! Nice to meet you!)

-What's your story, morning glory? (Are you a mom too? Does your husband also refuse to read the baby books, but make you blush all the same every time you catch him making your children laugh?)


I love comments and in fact, I officially dare you to comment and let me know what you think about the blog. It's okay, really, I promise.

Happy Blogiversary readers! Thanks for reading my often self obsessed, paranormal, usually sappy posts. I appreciate YOU! Yeah, that's right. YOU right there- the one in front of the computer screen. Thank YOU. I plan to keep on writing. It's the only thing that keeps me sane some days. Will you keep reading? I'd love it if you did. After all, you just never know what the three of us (plus pooch) might have to share next!

13 comments:

Mike C said...

Some times when I'm board at work I'll go to your blog and hit "refresh" several times just to watch your counter tick up.

Elizabeth Chilson said...

Yep, that's my husband. He likes to throw off your counter. Are you surprised by this? He does enjoy reading it and will often come home and say....Jo's got a new blog up, have you seen it?

Johanna - I love your blog and I feel like it keeps me up to date on all of Marin's happenings. I especially like your humor and everything that is written is just how I imagine you saying it, which means it is truly genuine!

I, too, love the comments on my blog and look forward to seeing if anyone has read it. Unfortunately, too many people are afraid to leave a lasting impression on my blog and instead prefer to email me their comments. I wish they would just post them. Does this happen to you?

And for my prediction of your teaser a few weeks ago....are you getting a blog deal?? All those other parenting blogs suck, so I am hoping yours is going global. :) Hmmm??? So when do we get to know what your surprise is? Tell! Tell!

mia basile said...

I love your blog. I wish I would have known about it when you first started. You're doing a great job. It's fun to read about both Marin and the house updates. Not only do I love babies, I also love HGTV.

Brooke said...

Hi Johanna!! It's Brooke - Auntie Molly's old roomie. I LOVE reading your blog - it's a great break in the day and it makes me smile. I love all Marin's bows - and am impressed she doesn't take them out. I love all your stories, and seeing where life is taking you guys. Hopefully someday, Ben and I will be headed in a similar direction, so it's great to read about someone already in the midst of it all. Keep up the great posts!!

Jessica said...

DONT. Change. A. Thing.
I love everything about your blog! I get dissapointed when I get towards the end of a post...knowing I will have to wait for the next one.
Congrats on your blogiversary. I didnt know there was such a thing but makes sense. I will be celebrating two years of your life in print!

gmontalvo13 said...

happy blogiversary! just came across your blog and already intrigued! i'm a new bloggie myself and i can't wait for my blogiversary! :)

Johanna said...

Mike and Elizabeth, Glad you are reading - multiple times a day :). And "Jo has a new post up; have you seen it" is music to my ears.

VERY grateful for the consistent comments to all of you who so thoughfully do so. THANK YOU! They. make. my. day.

Kudos to Brooke and gmontolvo13 for sticking their necks out there and letting themselves be know. BMD- tots miss you, girl!

xo,
Jo

Anonymous said...

Hi Johanna,

I LOVE your blog!! It always makes me smile (and usually makes me laugh too!) and I love to be updated on what is going on with cute little Marin. I can't believe how big she's getting. (And I love all of her bows!!) Obviously, we don't have children yet but reading your blog makes me extra excited to someday have them. Your vacation pictures were so cute, glad you had a good time. Marin in her swimsuit & hat was adorable. We need to get together soon!!

Anyway, thanks for sharing your stories and I will continue to read your blog. Love it!!

Jane

Johanna said...

So glad you read, Jane! Thanks for making yourself known! :) We def need to get together soon!!!

xo,
Jo

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and read it all the time then I pass it on to Uncle Don. I just don't know how to post comments on it. Hard as I try to keep up with technology, it always gets ahead of me so lets see if this works.
Aunt Jean

Johanna said...

So much fun to learn that you and Uncle Don read the blog!!! Looking forward to seeing you next weekend!
xoxox

Susi said...

soy de Buenos Aires me encanta el blog,hermosa familia te encontre siguiente al mio y quise felicitarte,tengo un blog de arte,los hijos y nietos son ARTEtambien ,las fotos buenisimas,felicidades,

Shannon Chagat said...

Love the blog!! Such a great way to keep up to date on life in the Patterson household!! Miss you girl and can not wait to see you next weekend at Katie's wedding!! xoxo, shanmur