Thursday, January 7, 2010

Give a mom a make-over....

...when a woman with a cleaning cart crosses in front of her in the train station and says, "Excuse me, sir."

True story. Happened to me this morning.

Can't make that kind of humiliation up, nor would I wish it on any of you.

(And for the record- yes, I am sure she was talking to me. She looked right at me.) Awesome.

********** update: added later***************
My mom feels it is important that I mention that I was wearing what she calls the "man hat"- a very warm, very comfortable hat that, in her opinion, offers more protection from the elements than style. Still, even if the woman had called me "ugly sir" it wouldn't make me stop wearing that hat. It is so warm and I love it! I just got the hat for Christmas. Since I know you are curious, here is a picture of my dad and I in hats that my mom dislikes equally.

No comments: