Tuesday, June 2, 2009

When the Cat's Away....

...The mice do just fine!

As I mentioned, I was away from my little butterball (and Marin too!- ha) this weekend for the first time. It is a tough job to be with Marin all by yourself, and Jason did a great job! Their first daddy/daughter weekend was a success! Jason just raved about how much fun they had and what a good girl Marin was all weekend.




Pappy (Jason's dad) came into town on Saturday, and he, Jason and Marin met Aunt Lindsay at a German festival in our neighborhood. It was a gorgeous day and Marin loves to be outside in the fresh air! Jason debuted the baby bjorn, and they finished off the day with dinner outside at a cafe down the street. What a great day! I was sorry to miss it.


While it was hard to be away, I did have a great time with my future sister-in-law and her sweet friends. They all very graciously put up with this old mom (I was the only one) and her breast pump. Saturday night we went to the bar and I took out my camera to share pictures of Marin with total strangers on two separate occasions. Luckily, the people I was sharing with also had children and did the same, so I didn't have to worry about anyone painting a giant red "M" on my forehead while they purposely spilled their beer on me.




When I got home on Sunday I was SO excited to see Marin and gave her extra kisses. Today she wore her little "Lake Geneva" t-shirt to daycare; a gift from mommy's first time away.

Marin, my love, no matter how far away mommy is, you are never far from my mind.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

You were with us in spirit, especially since it was a year ago this past weekend that I had my suspicions of you being pregnant. :)

Johanna said...

Thanks for the pictures, Lindsay!! :)

Lindsay said...

Extremely happy to contribute!

miabasile said...

What a cutie. I can't believe she was out all day. Such a good baby. I think we need that hat.