Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mom Jeans: I get it

We have all made fun of the term "mom jeans" at least once in our lives. It refers to the hideous over shot of a waistband pulled up under the nose of a woman you mockingly call "mom".

Well, I get it.

It seems that after I had Marin I was left a little "thick" in the middle. If I wear my jeans at my hips (like the kids are doing these days) it hits me right in the heart of that "thickness" (read: belly fat) and results in the dreaded muffin top. Not pretty in the least. However, if I hike my pants up to kingdom come, it creates a more streamlined uni-chub, which somehow results in making my mid-section look less terrible.

I fear that this may be the start of my regrettable fashion era. 20 years from now Marin will stumble across a picture of me with my pants hiked up under my chest and beg, "Mom! Your pants!!" Necessary evil, Marin; necessary evil.

I'll continue on my slim down quest. But in the meantime, I might not be as hip. My apologies in advance, Marin. You were still worth it.

2 comments:

miabasile said...

I can't get the mom jeans song out of my head, the one from SNL. Too funny. Hey, it's the price we pay for perfect little babies. However, I bet you look great.

Elizabeth Chilson said...

I'm sadly realizing that my body will never be the same. Everyone told me this when I got pregnant, but I thought - oh no...that won't be me. And, yet, here I am.