Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More great news... the best kind


Today we had our ultrasound. I have actually had a few before due to the different scares that we have had, but it was fun to have one scheduled for a change. Luckily, they have all resulted in good news, and today was no exception.

It looks like I am actually measuring at 20 weeks along, instead of 19. But, since the first baby is often born after the due date, she still wanted to keep my due date at the 12th of February. Although, they said it looked like it could come as early as the 2nd.

The ultrasound was completely thrilling! At one point it moved its hand across the screen and I swear it looked like it was waving at us. I just couldn't believe it was moving around in there and looked so much like a baby! Gone are the days of "the blob".

We still held out and didn't find out if it was a boy or a girl. Although I will say, it was tempting knowing that there was someone standing right there who had the power to tell us! We saw the babies hands and feet and arms and legs and spine and lips and (giant) head. We saw its eye sockets and nose. We saw its beating heart and the heart's 4 chambers. We saw the blood being pumped to the heart. It was totally and completely amazing. We got six printed pictures and Jason said that he could have stared at them all day. I couldn't agree more.

I can't wait to meet the baby in person! Hard to believe that we are just about half way there now!

4 comments:

Shannon Chagat said...

jo-baby jpat2 looks so freaking cute already :) Love the blog--such a wonderful way to keep us all updated! Love you! Shannon

Alexis Jacobs said...

What beautiful pictures!!! Congrats on a great appt :)

Sweet Cakes said...

I don't know how you do it, but I think it's great!!! I don't have that much will power... I would've given in and asked what I was having :)
I'm glad that you're feeling well and that the little baby is healthy!!! We should get together sometime... Maybe Brandon, Brady and I could come up to Chi for a visit!?

Johanna said...

Holly, You definitely should. that would be fun!