Wednesday, September 24, 2008

19 1/2 weeks with a view!






Jason and I love the Golden Gate Bridge. We got engaged at a picnic spot overlooking the bridge 5 years ago. It is for this reason that it was so fun to be back this weekend, pregnant!
My friend Hannah got married in Sonoma last Saturday, and Jason and I took a few extra days to enjoy Sonoma, Sausalito and the bridge! On Monday, we went back to the spot where we had our picnic and snapped this belly shot for the 19 1/2 week mark. We can't wait to be back with the baby someday!

When we returned, we had another doctor's appointment. We were glad to learn that the baby and I are still growing just as we should be.
Another really exciting thing, is that I have begun to feel the baby move! It feels really strange, actually. I have been telling people that it feels just like a heart murmur, but in your stomach, but apparently not too many people have had heart murmurs, because when I say that I get a lot of blank stares. :) My sister-in-law Holly, said that it feels like a goldfish swimming around in there. That's a good way to describe it, and one that more people can visualize than a heart murmur, apparently. :) I think it's going to be a swimmer, because it is doing a lot of flutter kicking in there. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. :)
I'm excited for the moving that Jason can feel. I think that will be the neatest part. Of course, that is also the part that they say keeps you up at night, so maybe I'll change my tune on that one near the end.
I'm 20 weeks tomorrow, so I'm officially half way there. It's hard to believe that this little flutter kicker will be here in about 4 months and a few weeks! Where is the time going? I definitely should probably already have more done! Looks like I'm in for busy winter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much your belly has grown since I just saw you a few weeks ago! So cute!

Sweet Cakes said...

What wonderful pictures!! I'm so excited for you that you can feel the baby move around now! It's my absolute favorite part about being pregnant... you'll love every kick all the way up until he/she arrives! It never gets old!!!
Little Cam is kicking and moving around like crazy already! I feel her off an on throughout the entire day/night! I love it! Brandon got to feel her a few nights ago when we were lying down. You'll notice that's when you feel it the most! Won't be long and Jas will be able to feel it too!

Michelle said...

You look SO cute!! :)

Alexis Jacobs said...

You are adorable! What a fun trip.

Unknown said...

soooo neat Jo that you got to go back. I remember when you got engaged!

what a beautiful wedding I'm sure that was, too. I wish I had been that photographer! :)

Kicks are the best. I miss them so much.