Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fall 2012

We had a big fall.  But, the highlights I think were taking a trip to Traverse City, moving back into our house, Marin starting preschool, Marin's first fall program, Halloween and Thanksgiving.  Let's get to it.

At the end of September, Jason and I took my parents on a trip to Traverse City, Michigan, as a thank you for letting us invade their home  use all their stuff  rule their roost  live with them for five months.  We left the kids with Jake and Katy (suckers) and made the trip together.  It was so nice to spend the time together under one roof (I crack myself up).  The first day we took a winery tour that was so fun, I passed out and made us completely miss our dinner reservation.  But not without first faking it that I was fine to go, and then making my dad pull the car over when we were almost there, and vomit.  Talk about a way to kill the evening.  Luckily, all's well that ends well, because my mom and dad ended up walking downtown and finding a quiet place that they enjoyed, and Jason got to man the remote control and order pizza while he "watched me".  Luckily, I rebounded quickly and we spent the rest of the trip enjoying delicious restaurants, getting into quite a bit of trouble in all of the adorable shops, and my dad and Jason hit the sticks for 18 holes.








At the end of October, we moved back into our house. It has been so nice being home.  Everything functions so much nicer for us now, and we are really enjoying it.  We loved welcoming the entire crew and all the trades back for a Thank You Party, so they could see all of their hard work come together in the completed product.  We were so glad that almost everyone came.








Marin started school after Labor Day!  She absolutely loves it.  She has made so many nice new friends.  I absolutely cannot say enough nice things about her teachers and the curriculum.  Marin has grown up SO much this year.  It's a little sad, but we are incredibly proud of her.  At mid-year conferences her teachers praised what a bright and kind little girl she is.  She is spelling many words and starting to read small words.  




Marin's First program at school was Halloween/Fall themed.  All of the kids sang songs in their costumes to the giggles and pride of the parents and grandparents in the crowd.  Marin of course knew all of the words and hand motions, was not shy even a bit, and took a sweeping bow at the end.





Marin wanted us to be Goldilocks and the Three Bears for Halloween.  I was Mama Bear, Jason was Papa Bear, and Emilie was Baby Bear.  Molly made adorable costumes for the girls, and a pair of bear ears for me.  Bonus.  As is tradition, we went trick or treating with all of our neighbors, meeting at the Nitschke's house before for dinner, and after for drinks and chocolate.  It's the best ever.












We were thrilled to host Thanksgiving in our "new" house, and even more thrilled to have members of both sides of our families there.  It truly was a wonderful day.  I loved every second.  We decorated the table with things from family members that were no longer with us.  Flowers in a tea cup from Grandma Patterson, bread on Jason's mom's bread tray, we lit my Grandma Meyer's silver candlesticks, and we used the crystal creamer and sugar bowls that were my Great Grandma's.  It was a special day being surrounded by so many people we love and have loved.  So much to be thankful for!




















No comments: