Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Yummy, yummy, yummy! Rice cereal in my tummy!

Emilie joins us at the table for our meals every day and just watches the utensil from our plate to our mouths and back. It was time to start this girl on some "real" food. Although, I'm not sure you can consider completely liquefied rice cereal as a gourmet specialty exactly, she gobbled it right up.

As you'd expect, she's a little confused by the spoon. She tries to lick the cereal off the spoon with her tongue like a cat. It's pretty funny. But when we can get the spoon past her tongue, she does keep most of the cereal in her mouth.

I can. not. believe! that we are at this point with Emilie already. Time is going so quickly. But she's ready, and she definitely likes getting in on the action. She was grabbing at the spoon, already wanting to put it in her mouth herself! When I said we should try giving her some cereal Marin was quick to tell me, "No, baby Emmie's too little for cereal." She's growing quickly. I don't know who is in more disbelief- Marin or me.

In retrospect, I maybe could have spruced up a little (like, out of my pj's) for the sake of recording the milestone, but it was early Sunday morning, and let's be real. I'm not really sure the girls will be exactly shocked to remember me like this some day. :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Uh oh...do I see a Snapshot Jr??

Johanna said...

Yes, I think you do! :)