Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Emilie's First Thanksgiving!

We had a nice Thanksgiving last week, especially loving the time we had with family. Jason and I ended up hosting our first Thanksgiving at the last minute, after my Grandpa spent a few days in the hospital with some chest pains. Luckily, he is okay. Jason really sprang into action at the last minute, and threw together a delicious Thanksgiving with all of the fixings, for my parents and my Uncle John and us in less than 24 hours. As my mom put it, he saved Thanksgiving.

After a nice celebration at our house, and a good walk to burn off all that we'd stuffed ourselves with, we headed to my Grandparent's house to bring Thanksgiving to them. My Grandpa is doing much better and although it was different, it was nice to spend time with my grandparents on Thanksgiving. And, although against doctor's orders on Emilie's high fat diet (my dream!), it was here that I gave her her first taste of mashed potatoes. Since I made them myself, I can assure you there is nothing low fat about them, although I wouldn't normally serve her what is in the potatoes, either. Chalk it up to being the second child.

My mom and I did get in our annual shopping and lunch day the next day. It was such a treat to spend time with my mom one on one. Can you believe I didn't take one picture?! That's a first.

We spent the rest of the weekend visiting with Jason's family at his Aunt Jean's house. Marin had a great time running and playing with Jason's cousin's kids and it was great to have everyone together. A lot of fun moments playing Wii. For some reason Marin decided to strip down and play in her undies, which made it hilarious for when she'd squat and jump to play the skiing game.

And now Thanksgiving has come and gone and like the rest of the world, we are in full Christmas mode. But we had a very nice long weekend together, recounting all that we have to be thankful for. Mostly, family, friends and each other.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You two created a beautiful day "with all the trimmings," right down to our turkey place cards.
The food was delicious, beautiful table, and darling granddaughters!
We thank you from the bottom of our grateful hearts.