Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Add one more...And now we're FOUR!

Someone pinch me.

Marin is going to be a big sister!

No lie. I'm 12 weeks pregnant; due May 9th. Can you handle the excitement? You probably can; because it's not your baby. But we definitely cannot.

I'll tell you what else I can't do: Keep food down. Can't even keep water down. It's ugly. My diet consists of white rice with a side of saltine crackers. Dry white toast on good days. And, since we try to eat all whole grains, we had none of this in our house, so we had to go out and stock up on it all. Now that I'm nearing the end of the first trimester, it is getting better... slowly.

And speaking of slow. I move at a snails pace. Literally. I have zero- and I mean z-e-r-o energy. I am completely debilitated. For a girl that hates naps, and literally never sits down, I am living on the couch and saying things like "I just have to shut my eyes for a few hours". I live for the minute Jason gets home so I can just go to sleep. I go days without showering, because I can't bare the thought of all the energy it would exert.

The house is a disaster. Bless Jason's heart; I think he's ready to trade me in for the updated model (and one who preferably showers and bushes her hair on a consistent basis) He works all day and then comes home to clean up after Marin and me, make dinner for everyone, give Marin a bath and put her to bed. Totally single dad'n it, but I am a big giant waste of baby brewing space. However, in the spirit of total honesty, as helpful as Jas is, he's no nurse. It doesn't seem that taking care of another grown adult who is otherwise totally capable, is high on his list of strengths. Point being: we all want me to be back to normal.

All that aside: We feel incredibly blessed and excited and just about everything else that you can feel. We decided to stick with the clearblue easy like last time and as soon as that puppy read "pregnant" we ran upstairs to wake Marin up and were sure she was the first we told that we would soon become four. She said, "Big Sis" when we told her she was going to be a big sister! I'm SURE she hasn't a clue what is in store for her next Spring, but I am certain she will quickly assert herself as boss as soon as the baby has one little bonnet in the door.

14 comments:

Liz Delzell said...

WOW! Congratulations, Jo, Jason, & Marin! So excited for you all! :) Hope you're feeling better soon... just a few more weeks and you should be over the hump and on to the bump! :D xox

Emilie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Love you all! I hope you feel better soon:)

Michelle said...

YEAH FOR YOU! Congrats!!!!

Lindsay said...

Yaaaaay for Baby Jeebus 2.0!!! Who needs kids of their own when being an Aunt is THE BEST!? :)

Georgine said...

I am so excited for you all! And I don't know about the nausea, but the exhaustion gets better (B watched a lot of videos during my early pregnancy with Charley). And, it is good practice for Jason. Two means more work. But more love too. Congratulations!!!!!

Sarah Halbesma said...

Congratulations Johanna! Love reading your posts. I am due in February with little girl #2. I had no morning sickness so I say you are having a boy : )
Best of luck Jo!

miabasile@yahoo.com said...

Congratulations! Sorry you feel sick. It'll go away soon and some energy will return. I still have my tired days, but not like the beginning. So happy for you guys.

Elizabeth Chilson said...

so excited for you.....having two has been really fun despite the serious lack of sleep :) i can't wait to meet this newest little one. hope you get some energy back soon.

The Vlachs said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A million zillion congratulations to the Patterson family! We're thrilled for you. I'm hoping that the food will stay down for you and that your energy will start to return :) Love, Megs

Jessica said...

CONGRATS! So so exciting! I'm thinking another girl too... you sound way to sick and exhausted for a boy. You'll just have to go for #3 to get a boy!
BTW- Almost the exact spacing between Jack and Remy (they are 26 months apart). I remember all too well feeling sick and having a toddler running around. My idea of down time became two mile walks...just to have Jack seated for an extended period of time!
Fingers crossed that you will start to feel better and that Marin and Jason will continue to be good helpers!

Johanna said...

Thanks so much girls!! We're super duper excited!

Johanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Murphy said...

Love love this news! Congratulations Jason, Johanna and Marin! So excited for your family as you become FOUR!

Alexis Jacobs said...

Congrats! What awesome news!