Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Going to Grandma's!

Jason and I went to LA last weekend for our friends' wedding, meaning Marin got to spend a few days with Grandma and Grandpa. And these days, since we live upstairs, there wasn't any traffic on the way over!

In keeping with my mom's motto of, "What happens at Grandma's, stays at Grandma's" it sounds like Marin was spoiled plenty and had a great time! Par for the course at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They snuggled up in their jammies and played with new toys that Grandma bought her. A hit: the phone with light up buttons! Our text message inboxes filled up with all sorts of developments Marin accomplished while we were gone. She pulls herself up so well now, and has discovered how to climb up and down the steps! When did she get to be such a big girl?!
Of course Norah loves to try to "help". I love this picture of my dad holding Norah back. She looks like she just got a good kiss in and is pleased as punch with herself!

A bonus to their weekend was a visit from my cousin, Brooke for an early birthday party for my Grandma Meyer's 96th birthday! Brooke reported that she loved spending time playing with Marin, and that the whole house was a flurry flocking to her side. She is definitely not short on love.




Although we missed Marin terribly, and hated that we didn't get to visit with Brooke (we'll celebrate with Grandma later), we had a great time first visiting with friends in LA, and participating in our friends' beautiful wedding weekend in Beverly Hills. It was the first time in a long time where we knew both the bride and the groom equally well, for exactly the same length of time, (Ross and Emilie were our neighbors in the city), and we laughed that we didn't know on which side of the aisle to sit. We have gotten to know both Ross and Emilie's families well, so we enjoyed seeing them and made some new friends to boot! And, a picture of Ross and Emilie holding Marin on the day that she came home from the hospital even made the slide show!

When I caught Jason belting out "wild rice and turkey sandwiches" in the place of the real lyrics to "I got a feelin'" by the Black Eyed Peas at the reception, I enjoyed busting his chops a little bit. As it continued through out the night, ("Burgers on the grill and I liked it" to Katy Perry's "I kissed a girl") and he confessed that he does this sort of thing all the time, I laughed so hard and realized quickly, that if I were a single girl at the wedding, I would have still wished for him to ask me to dance more than anyone else there.

Hooray for Grandparents! Hooray for lifelong friends!


No comments: