Sunday, August 9, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting

Jo probably forgot she gave me (read: I gave myself) access to this blog six months ago... When she and Jas left for a friend's wedding last night, it seemed like the perfect time to push my agenda with my favorite little angel!
Here's the happy family before the wedding.



We had so much fun while mom and dad were gone. The first thing we did was check out the menu at nearby Cafe Selmarie.



I taught Marin everything I know about sweets. Here I am showing her how to spot a quality cookie.



When we got home, I got Marin started on her arithmetic. You never know when she'll need to outsmart the other kids on the playground (or calculate sale prices!!).



Marin was such a great sport. She didn't make a peep the entire night! She just smiled at us and sheepishly tried to put our shirts in her mouth. What an angel.
On the agenda for next time: the Michigan fight song!

Thanks for letting us babysit, Jo! We love you, Mare-Bear!

3 comments:

miabasile said...

What a good girl! You have inspired me to do math with Colin and break out the macclaren

Johanna said...

OMG! What a fun surprise, Ms. Molly!! How darling are you?!!! You and Bri were GREAT babysitters!! Marin told me all about it! ;)

Johanna said...

oh and PS- the Michigan Fight Song is not allowed in our house. I-L-L! :)