Thursday, May 28, 2009

And We're Rollin'...

Despite what the title of this entry might imply, this post is not about how Marin's Auntie Mika can sing a rendition of Proud Mary that would give Tina a run for her money.

Instead it is about how Marin rolled over for the first time on Saturday. I put her down for a nap on her stomach (yes, I know we aren't supposed to do this, but she likes it) and when I went to get her up she was on her back! How did you do that, Marin!? I was so proud of that little stinker, and of course made a big deal about it! I called Jason (who was out of town at my brother's bachelor party) to share the good news. I can guarantee you, it was the only call of its kind at that bachelor party! And for sure it was the only non beer chugging, atomic wedgie giving, ball and chain teasing conversation that Jason had all weekend.

We have spend each subsequent day trying to get Marin to do it again. On film none the less. This has resulted in tons of video of Marin rolling half way over -- and then back the opposite direction, squealing in delight despite our differing agendas. All the while Norah is "encouraging" Marin by trying to give kisses (lick her face). The commentary sounds something like this:
Jason and me: "There you go... good girl! You've got it! Ohhhhh... shoot. Norah get out of there!"
Norah: (snort, snort)
Marin: (giggle, giggle, sqeeeeeeeal!)

We have tried putting her on her stomach again to see if she can roll to her back, and we have also tried putting her on her back to see if she can roll to her stomach. She is so close to rolling over again. She just needs a little umph to get over her shoulder.

This weekend I am going to be at my future sister-in-law's bachelorette party. (It will be my first time away from Marin over night, and like a squirrel gathering nuts for the winter, I have been frantically hording and freezing extra milk to make sure she won't go hungry while I'm away.) I am totally convinced that Marin will roll over again while I am gone and I'll miss it. But, I figure that I was technically there the first time even though I didn't actually witness it. Plus, once she learns how to do it again, I think she'll be able to do it all the time, and then she can show off her tricks when I get home. I'll be sure to give a full report either way. Lucky you. :)
And speaking of Marin's Auntie Mika.... I promised her pictures. So here they are!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay Marin!!!

The Vlachs said...

Go girl!! Love all the pictures of Marin! (Sorry -- I have an annoying blogger-to-blogger question: Can you teach me how you arranged the photos like that?) ;) Love, Meg