Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Showered with Love..

I have been waiting to write one inclusive post about all of the lovely baby showers that were thrown for the baby and me. We were showered so generously and had such a great time at all four showers that our friends and family threw.

Jason's family kicked off the festivities in November. My mother-in-law, her sister-in-law, and my sister-in-law (Jason's sister, Lindsay) threw us a lovely shower with a sweet duck theme! Much of Jason's family was able to make it, plus some of my mother-in-law's friends and a few of mine who live in the area. My mom was there too. We had a great time! Sheila, Debbie's mom, made delicious cookies that were a hit- one of my favorites- and adorable (!) and we all enjoyed a yummy lunch. It is always nice to be together!


A dear family friend, Sandie Vlach, hosted a shower for us in early December, attended by a lot of my mom's friends and our good family friends. The food was fantastic and we had such fun chatting around the table that Sandie had decorated so festively. Everyone again, was embarrassingly generous and a highlight of such was a darling bassinet given to me by my mom. We got a great head start on all of our bedding, and it was such fun to receive! Sandie didn't miss a detail, and had a lot of great Geneva touches- including cupcakes from a new bakery in town everyone is raving about (with good reason!) and personalized candies from Grahams, our famous candy shop in town.









A few days after Christmas, a good friend of mine from childhood, Katie, and her mom, Pam, hosted a gorgeous shower for me and my side of the family. We were spoiled again with gorgeous table settings, flowers, lovely details, and great company. There is just nothing like a ladies luncheon! It is hard to believe that Katie and I met almost 25 years ago, and that the days of running through sprinklers have been replaced by talk about diapering and teething. Old friends are the best. It was so fun spending time with my family outside of a family function, and it was especially special to me to have both of my Grandma's there.


A few weeks ago, my friends Erica, Meg and Molly threw me a shower at Molly's house with my girlfriends. Not a single detail was overlooked! They served all the foods I've been craving as appetizers, followed by a delicious lunch and a fabulous cake that matched the invitations creative "bump ahead" theme. They organized a hilarious game called "Who knows Baby Johanna best?" that entailed true of false questions from my childhood (ie-" True or False: Johanna's first word was 'Dustbuster'?"). Everyone wrote me little notes of advice on parenting, and they compiled it into a book to keep. It was such fun having my girlfriends together; they truly outdid themselves!

4 comments:

The Vlachs said...

We love ya, Jo!!

Alexis Jacobs said...

Sounds like some great times. :-) You are such a cute preggo by the way.

Unknown said...

Awww, thanks for sharing the pic of us!

Michelle said...

Oh yay! Showers are so fun!! :)