Monday, November 3, 2008

C is for Cookie

The biggest change that pregnancy has brought about in the past few weeks is my appetite. It's insatiable. Although I am doing my best to keep it healthy, I am definitely eating for two.

Those of you who know me well, know that pre-pregnancy there would be days when I would "forget" to eat lunch. We'd be out shopping or something somewhere and my companion would say to me, "Ummmm... can we eat? I'm starving." Then I'd look at my watch and realize it was 2pm. Woops. Gone are those days. Now I'm counting down the minutes until I can tear into my next meal. This baby is definitely growing.

Here is an example:

For breakfast today I ate:
A bowl of Chex cereal
A glass of orange juice

I had a mid-morning snack (yes that's right, and it was totally necessary- don't judge) of:
Yogurt
Hot tea

For lunch I had:
A sandwich
An orange (with 51 seeds in it!! Is that ridiculous or what? There were so many I had to count)
Apple Sauce
Baked Lays
3 cookies (albeit small, but still 3!)

It is now 1pm and I am already wondering what and when I can eat next. That's right. I'm still hungry.

The doctor says I've gained the right amount of weight so far, so I guess I just keep eating?? Still, the non stop hunger is the craziest thing ever. Consider yourself warned: If you see me coming your way; lock up your lunches... I'm on the prowl and I can't be stopped! ;)

4 comments:

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason said...

Sooooo....what would you like for dinner tonight, honey?

Anonymous said...

And this is where the baby daddy takes advantage of the baby mama appetite. :)

Michelle said...

That's too funny! I remember having "snacks" all the time though!! ;) Enjoy!