Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hot Mama!

That's right; I am one HOT MAMA! Literally.

Due to the increase in my hormone levels (at least that's what "they" say), I am literally SO hot all of the time. Like feverish. Like just played soccer in the summer, hot. Like want to wear shorts in the winter, hot. Like pretty sure I can relate to those ladies a generation ahead of me going through menopause having hot flashes, hot.

The key is dressing in layers. Although, sometimes I get so warm, and I start stripping off so many layers, that I feel like it is downright inappropriate! The other day I was stripped all the way down to my camisole at work. Granted, I wouldn't walk around the office like that, but at my desk, away from people, there I sat: half naked. Our admin walked in to deliver some mail and she said to me, "So you're a hot mama now, huh?" I apologized for my appearance, although she said not to- she has had children herself and understood. Still, I redressed and sweat it out- a little embarrassed.

It is getting colder outside, and as the temperatures drop, and the rest of the world is bundling up more, I am walking around breathing a sigh of relief! Finally, I feel cool! The long john industry is loosing out on my business this year! :) I walked into Barker and Meowsky (a pet store) the other day, and was looking for this particular harness for Norah. This nice guy was helping me. And then the flash hit. So I unzipped my coat. A minute later, I took off my coat. When my brow became wet he gave me a second look. I rolled up my sleeves; didn't work- the nape of my neck was wet and the back of my hair was starting to get wet. By the time I was checking out, I had my blazer off completely, and was standing there in my t-shirt holding the blazer and my jacket, wishing that someone would come in from outside just so the door would open and I could get a whiff of the cool air. It was 30 degrees outside, tops. The guy either thought I was looking for a date, or that I was insane.

Pregnancy is an amazing thing; that is for sure. But it also does really funny things to your body. I'm just along for the ride.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You crack me up, hot Mama!! ;)