Friday, July 26, 2013

The final countdown

If you are humming, "duhn nuhn uhn uhn, duhn nuhn uhn uhn uhn" in your head right now, I love you.  Sorry if I got that Europe song in your head for the rest of the day.  Gotta love the 80's.

Aaaaaanywho.  We're only a few weeks away from baby brother's highly anticipated arrival date.  And although there were most certainly not be paparazzi staked outside the hospital for days ahead of time like they were Princess Kate and Prince William's sweet blue bundle, there are at least two pending big sisters in this house who are as excited as US Weekly to welcome their little brother into the world, and learn his name.  "Can you believe it!?  We don't even know what to name him!" says Marin.  (spoiler alert, we know the name, but if Marin did, so would you and everyone else in the county.)

Emilie likes to "kiss it baby".  She asks me, "I kiss it baby?!" And when I get down so she can kiss the baby she says, "I love you baby brother.  I Emilie!  I your big sister!"  Uh-huh, it's adorable.

And so baby brother has become how he is most often referred to in this house.  I can't wait to see what baby brother does to our pink frilly tutu world of fairies, princesses and my little ponies.  I am certain he will be lipsticked and dressed up with in days of his arrival on James Street. 

The room is pretty much ready, or at least by the end of the weekend it will be.  When I carried the bassinet up from the basement to clean it all up last week Emilie excitedly asked, "Your baby come out, Mommy?!"

The breast pump and mini bottles are all washed and put away.  I even washed baby bibs, although he won't use those for 6 months.  Clothes are all washed and put away in itty bitty little stacks in the drawers.  Don't you just love the smell of Dreft?  The lifesaver baby swing is all washed and ready to be set up this weekend, along with the baby car seat.  I even washed the boppy, but I don't think I really used it that much with Emilie.  Same goes for the hooter hider.  If you're in my home the first few weeks of baby's birth- be prepared to see some nippage.  There really is no way around  it.  And yes, I suppose that's a warning.

I have a few things left on my to-do list (you know I love a good to-do list) and then I think we're all set.  Molly knows that I need to survive the day, Lindsay is at the ready and Marin keeps reminding Emilie, "When Mommy has the baby, Lindsay is going to come and spend the night with us at our house!!"  Jason took his last pre-baby business trip out of town and my mom and dad are already starting to get nervous when their phone rings past 9:30pm. 

All systems are a go.  Just add baby. 

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Europe was my first ever concert. Ohh-yes.
Good luck with everything. Cant wait to find out the name or look at the cute pictures. xo

Lindsay said...

I can't wait!! I have to find a new movie to buy this time for our sleepover(s)!

Emilie said...

YAHOOOO! I can't wait!

Grandma and Grandpa said...

We are so excited! We also get a little anxious when the phone rings before 7:00 A.M. We are here at any time of the night if you need us! Love you baby boy! xoxo