Monday, May 2, 2011

Tick Tock...

Well, it's May. We're about a week away from my official due date, but I am ready for him/her to make its entrance into the world any time now. My bags are packed, we have a plan for Marin for every labor scenario depending on the time of day or night that I go into labor, the infant car seat is in the car, and this weekend (thanks to a marathon babysitting session by Grandma and Grandpa) Jason and I scrubbed our house from top to bottom until it shined like the top of the Chrysler building! (Who doesn't love an Annie reference?)

That's right. I was nesting so hard core, that I think it even rubbed off on Jason. We took out every drawer and shelf in the fridge and washed them, we rented the rug and upholstery cleaner and shampooed the couch and all the area rugs. We even organized Jason's workshop a little bit. If the baby doesn't come soon, I might show up at your house next. :)

As we were mid toilet scrub for Jason and dust mop for me, we both said how much we missed Jesus, our amazing no-nonsense (not to mention hilarious) house cleaner in Chicago. I think Jason and I both agree that although we'll never be able to find someone totally like Jesus out here (he still sends Christmas cards and calls on Marin's birthday), we need to someone. Anyone. I can organize all day long, but cleaning toilets is not for me. Sorry if that is snobbish; I'm just keeping it real.

Tomorrow while Marin is at school, I have a manicure and pedicure appointment. After that, the baby has my permission to come anytime. :) My feet are ugly enough, I don't need to be hanging them in the air all day unpedicured. Trust me, the hospital staff would talk. In the meantime, we are just waiting around, twiddling our thumbs, wondering when labor will begin. I'm obsessively checking my now nearly complete "to- do" list every minute as if something I've forgotten will magically appear.

Molly will keep everyone updated here on the blog when it does happen. She did this when Marin was born, and it was much requested that she do so again. For the last two days, becoming a big sister is all Marin talks about, and for the first time in 9 months, she has started saying that she thinks it's a boy baby. Do you think she knows something we don't? Only time will tell.... Tick tock, tick tock.....

9 comments:

The Vlachs said...

This is so exciting!!!!!!! I can't WAIT to hear the news that you've gone into the hospital!

Love that you have a mani/pedi appt.! It's funny isn't it? That, and refreshing my highlights, are two of of the most mportant things on my Pre-Baby To Do list :)

We're holding our breath down here.... Seriously giddy for you guys!

Lindsay said...

I'm ready too!! I have a bag packed and in my car in case I need to leave from work and/or stay the night with Marin. :)

Also, feel free to come to my house...no cleaning needed and nothing to organize, but lots to decorate.

miabasile said...

I think it's a boy too. Good for you, sounds like you're ready. We'll be thinking about your fam and the new one on the way.

Georgine said...

I can wait for your baby to come if it means you'll come scrub my refrigerator! Not to jinx you, but both of mine came after the pedicure. Really, a child should see it's Mom at her best when it is born. I am thinking of you and wishing you all the best!!!!!

Liz Delzell said...

Will be so excited to hear that Baby P 2.0 has arrived. Have to tell you, I initally read "Jesus" as our Lord and Savior, not the man's name commonly used in Spanish speaking countries - gave me a giggle. :) Best of luck to you and enjoy the mani/pedi (my hospital gives you a mani/pedi after the baby is born - isn't that awesome???).

Sweet Cakes said...

The funny thing is the more pics I see of you the more I think BOY, too!! I guess we'll all find out SOON! Can't wait!! XOXO

Bethany said...

Totally had a pedi two days before Grayson arrived and thank goodness I did. While laying on the operating table waiting for the C-section to commence everyone in the room was talking about my lovely toes. Can you believe it?!?

Mika said...

Hi Jo! It's getting so close--so exciting! I don't have time to check your blog that often--do you think that Molly could send an email or text too to us to notify us that it started? That way I will know to get onto the blog. Good luck!!!!!! We are all thinking of you guys and praying for you!! P.S. Did you know that there is a pressure point on your foot that can start labor--when I got a pedicure at the end with Tess that is what the nail tech told me!! :) :)

Jean Chilson said...

You're welcome to show up at my house. Heaven knows I could use my own Jesus. Ella hopes your baby is a girl. She says there are too many boys in this family already. It will be wonderful no matter what gender he is.