Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Talks like an angel

For those three of you who got a kick out of reading the funny things Marin says, you're in luck! I'm back today with more. Who says I have to appeal to the masses? This one's for those three, and me.

When we give Marin a snack or a meal and she really likes it she looks up at me and enthusiastically says, "Thank you, Mommy!"

She says "I love you" like this: "I'll to". So if she says, "I love you, Daddy" she says, "I'll to, Daddy!" It's maybe the most precious thing that she says.

There have been some guys here installing hardwood floors in the area where we knocked back that wall and in the new powder room. The first day that they laid the wood down Marin came down after her nap and said to me, "Ohhh! Ah Nice, Mommy!", meaning, "It looks nice, Mommy."

She loves to put pepper on her food - specifically mac and cheese and cottage cheese. I do this, so I imagine she sees me and wants to do it like I do. Whatever the reason, she loves pepper. And she asks for it by saying, "peppa?!"

When she wants you to snuggle with her or sit with her she demands, "Sit, Mommy." and pats the spot next to her, like I am the dog. Still, it is almost always a good reminder to get back in the moment, stop whatever else it is I am doing and take a few minutes to enjoy my darling daughter.

When something spills, for example, Marin says, "Uh oh! Mess!" And then "Sarsy (sorry), Mommy." Most of the time I'll say, "It's okay, it was an accident." But sometimes she says sorry when it was my fault so I'll explain "You don't have to be sorry, honey. That was mommy's fault." Now she loves to say, "Mommy's fault" and giggle. She thinks its hilarious when it's mommy's fault.

We have been counting a lot. Almost anytime I hand her a small amount of something I count them out to her. She loves the numbers two and six. I have caught her counting to herself, pointing to the objects like we do together, saying, "two, six, two, six, two, six." over and over. We also talk about how we have one nose, two eyes, two ears, etc. She loves to count two eyes. So sometimes when she counts things she says, "two eyes, two eyes, two eyes."

She is learning to shake hands. She is still sometimes shy about it, but she'll hold out her hand and excitedly say, "Meet you!"

When she wants to get by you, she'll say, "skews me" for "excuse me". When she sneezes she also says "skews me." And when someone else sneezes she says "skews me". I guess we'll work on pronouns later.

I usually get her up and dressed in the morning. When we come downstairs and she sees Jason she very happily says, "Morning Daddy!"

She knows what paint is and says "Daddy paint" and when she sees on it on his clothes, "Uh oh, Daddy paint". This just cracks me up because our house is a constant construction zone. She knows how to do it, too- running the roller in the pan and then along the wall. She also knows how to spackle, and pretends to do it next to her daddy. I mean, that just can't be right.

She loves to point to "Mommy's baby" and then says, "Kiss?" to lift my shirt and kiss the baby. The other day she wanted to do this to "Daddy's baby" too. Hmmmm.
Her pediatrician and my ob/gyn are in buildings right next to each other. Recently, I took Marin to the pediatrician to get her cough checked out. When we pulled into the same parking lot we do when we go to my ob visits, Marin started asking me, "Mommy's baby?"

She loves to bathe. She loves to splash in the bathtub and blow bubbles as much as she loves to "showa" (shower). You literally can't mention that you are going to take a shower in front of her, unless you have the time to also let her get in there with you. At the first sound of the word, she starts to strip down naked and jump up and down yelling, "showa! showa!"

Mostly, she loves Norah. Jason and I affectionately call Norah, "Norries". Marin can say Norah, but she always calls her "Norsies", which is her version of Norries. When Norah is sleeping she tells Jason and me in a whisper, "Shhh. Norsies seeping". She also loves to "pet Norsies" and "huggie Norsies". And when Marin drops some food on the floor accidentally she says, "Norsies get it."

She is starting to help dress herself. With this, she is starting to remember where things came from. Grandma recently gave her some cute socks and she loves to say, "Namma sockies" when she wears them. Today I put a hoodie on her that Uncle Jake and Aunt Katy gave her for Christmas and she said, "Shirt. Jake! Daty!" She also likes to wear my jewelry. She comes out of my room wearing five and six bracelets at at time and will point to my necklaces saying, "On me, Mommy."

And the girl can pose. When I take her picture she turns to me and brightly says, "Cheeeeeeeseee!"

You just can't beat this age.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

She is SO cute. Love the talking updates...add me to the three if you havent already:)

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mika said...

So cute Jo!!!! I need more posts like these please!! I can't get enough of them!!!

miabasile said...

Such a fun age. They say the cutest things. Marin sounds more clear than Colin. It usually dawns on me awhile later what he has just said.

The Vlachs said...

Adorable!!!! Don't you want to record everything? Love that she knows how to spackle. My kind of girl...