Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"There's just something about a little boy"

When I found out that I was pregnant with a little boy, girlfriends kept telling me, "You're going to love having a little boy.  There's just something about a little boy." It's not that I didn't believe them, but I have two little girls who I think are the cats meow.  And I was thrilled to be having a boy, but I would have been thrilled to have three girls, as well.

But then my little buddy was born.  And truth be told, I am enamored with all of my children.  I sat for hours and kissed them as babies and I still do.  I kiss Marin and Emilie every chance I get and for as long as I can get away with before they say, "Maaaaaahhhhhhmm!"  I think all of my children are delicious little munchkins.  But there is something about that little stinker John when he smiles at me.  I told Jason that I want to go in the corner and kiss him until my lips can't kiss anymore.  Jason thinks this is totally bizarre.  Which I get.  But you know what, people are right.  There is just something about a little boy.