Monday, October 21, 2013

John William- Two Months!

Two Month Stats
11 lbs. 13 oz.
22.5 inches long
 
My little angel boy is two months old!  When did that happen?!  I held a brand new newborn the other day and I swear compared to her, it felt like John should have tennis shoes and a backpack and be headed off to school.  He's growing too quickly!

I think since I know that this is may last baby, everything is going triple speed.  Or, it could just be since I have three kids that things are going triple speed.  Whatever the reason, I am acutely aware that the days of a tiny little baby perfectly snuggled in the crook of my neck, are numbered.  And although I know that it's how life goes, it is horribly sad so slowly be leaving this chapter of life behind.  Suffice it to say, I am trying to enjoy every single millisecond with my baby John.   All the while, dreaming of a time machine to slow down time.  (Although truth be told, there are a few days we could just fast forward right through- due in part to the two dramatic toddlers going on teenagers in our house.)

These days John is smiling up a storm and melts all of our hearts when he does.   He's a happy little guy.  He tracks us with his eyes well when we come into a room, and definitely hears his sisters voices.  He grasps our fingers and my hair or the collar of my shirt while I am nursing him.  He is strong, holds his head up well, and turns it from side to side. He is starting to be awake more and more now and when he is awake he is very alert.  He also loves to snuggle, and I love that he loves to snuggle.  He really prefers to be held all the time if he could, but he tolerates his swing for small periods of time when we can't hold him.  His sisters lived for that thing, John more just tolerates it.  He naps swaddled in his swing, however.  And he'll sleep like for a few hours. 

John loves to be swaddled- it's pretty much the only way that he'll sleep.  So we swaddle him for naps and at bedtime.  The longest he has slept at a time was 8 hours and 15 minutes, which was an amazing night and would have been even more amazing had I gone to bed when he did.  Up until this week, he would go to bed around 8:30 and sleep until 3 or 3:30.  But all of the sudden this week he's up again at 1:30.  Still, he's regularly up only one time at night, so I can't complain about that.  And he eats, and then goes back to sleep.  He is able to put himself to sleep awake, but drowsy, as long as he has a full belly and has burped.

Jason and I think he's a perfect angel, and his sisters definitely agree.  The newness of him hasn't worn off to them yet, and I hope it won't until he's totally assimilated himself as "one of them".  I can't wait to hear them all talking to each other, and watch them all running through the house together.  John really is a good baby.  And he's our sunshine. 





oh no... i'm about to cry!


No comments: