Thursday, May 2, 2013

Emilie's Big Girl Bed!

I'm behind again, because life is bonkers and frankly, I'm tired.  But also because I have officially taken so many pictures that our computer is out of storage, and the process of storing them permanently on an external hard drive, where I am most comfortable- more so than just on shutterfly- is so painstakingly ridiculously tedious and time consuming, I almost can't believe it's 2013.  There has to be a better way.  I am convinced that there is.

In any case, I am anxious to get some of these posts up before I get even further behind, and then I'll just have to post pictures later, when I can finally get them off my camera and onto the computer.  Here goes....

Emilie is sleeping in a big girl bed.  She has for about two months now.  In keeping with what has become the entire theme of her life, girl was ready to be just like her sister- and in this instance, sleep in a big girl bed.  She tells everyone that walks through the door, "Big girl bed.  I sleep all night!"  She sleeps like a champ in there, although, admittedly, she still isn't the sleeper that her sister is.

Natch, with her big girl bed, came a newly decorated room.  I still have a painted scalloped-thingy detail that I want to add to finish off her room, but otherwise, its done.  And since we kept her room hers, and moved the nursery, the extra detailed-not-sure-how-to-quite-do-it scalloped-thingy is going to have to take back burner to decorating the baby nursery.

We moved the baby furniture over to the new nursery, what once used to be the world's smallest master bedroom, pre-addition.  The room is painted anjou pear, and I promise it looked cool with adult furniture in there, but now, with a crib set up, it looks exactly like baby diarrhea.  It has to go.  Yesterday.  Plus, did you hear?!  IT'S A BOY, Y'ALL!!!!!!!!  WHAAAAAAAAAAAT???!!!!  Can't WAIT to decorate a boy nursery.  Stand by for more on the addition of testosterone to our estrogen palace.

So proud of big girl Emmie-cakes in her big girl bed.  Almost as proud as she is of herself.  She looks so cute and little snuggled in those big kid sheets.  But alas, she's growing up... 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You are so funny about the paint color! Cracked me up!!